Since 2013 I did 20+ Engineered Systems deployments throughout UK for retail, finance and insurance companies. Starting with Exadata X3 I did variety of jobs in the area:
- Setting up network and software requirements using Oracle Exadata Deployment Assistant (OEDA).
- Stacking, racking and powering on of the Exadata system.
- Initial deployment using OEDA (applyElasticConfig.sh).
- Loading the configuration and software using OEDA (install.sh).
- Upgrade from an Eighth rack to Quarter rack - software and hardware.
- Upgrade of Quarter rack with new storage cells and compute nodes.
- Mix and match storage cells and compute nodes to create new Exadata system.
- Massive and complex upgrade of a live system of 2x Exadata X4-8 with another X4-8 rack.
- Re-image of storage cells and compute nodes with latest available software.
- Upgrade of Exadata systems with latest storage software using rolling and non-rolling approach.
- Complex upgrade of swapping 2TB disks to 4TB disks across all storage cells with restore of Oracle Clusterware configuration and restore of all databases.
- Replacement of the Cisco admin switch with new Top of the rack switch and re-cabling the admin interfaces of all components.
- Stacking and racking Oracle ZFS storage appliance and connecting it to the Exadata infiniband switches.
Here is a map of the 15+ Data Centers in the UK where I have done Exadata work:
- Maintenance of X7 half rack in OCI.
- Deployment and extension of X8M in OCI with additional compute nodes and storage cells.
- Migration of databases from another tenancy to another through Oracle Object Storage.
I'm also Oracle Exadata certified:
Oracle Exadata Database Machine 2014 Certified Implementation Specialist