Yesterday at Open World, Oracle announced the release of Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c release 1 (version 220.127.116.11), where c stand for cloud. EM12c is a management solution providing centralised monitoring, administration, and lifecycle management functionality for the complete IT infrastructure. A lot of organisations deploy private cloud environments to offer great flexibility to business users and meet SLAs and security requirements. The Oracle response to these demands is Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c which offers complete life cycle cloud management - setup, deliver and manage clouds. Once deployed IT must first setup the cloud infrastructure by defining share storage pools and compute resources. Administrators could also design a catalogue of virtual machines, assemblies, databases and applications and publish it. It allows administrators to monitor usage, setup metering and chargeback for users, manage deployed applications, manage assets, link applications to MOS. It also allows quick to identify, diagnose and resolve incidents from a single console. Keynotes:
- Short flash presentation of Cloud Management with Oracle Enterprise Manager.
- Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c Video Series are available here.
- Meanwhile Oracle Learning is adding more videos to YouTube and they could be found here.
- The full installer (OMS, Agent and Repository) is available for Linux x86-64 (64-bit) and could be download from here.
- The Oracle Management Agent software can be downloaded using the Self Update feature within the Enterprise Manager Cloud Control console or use Self Update feature in offline mode then manually download the sar files available here.
- Documentation is available here, thanks to Gokhan Atil for the link.
- Installation requires Oracle Weblogic Server 10.3.5, which is already included in the package and installed by default.
- Installation requires certified Oracle Database on which Oracle Management Repository will be configured. The certified versions of Oracle Database are from 10.2.0.5 onwards. The EM12c itself could manage databases from 18.104.22.168 onwards.
- You could upgrade your EM 10g GC Release 5 (10.2.0.5.0) or EM 11g GC Release 1 (22.214.171.124.0) to Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c (126.96.36.199).
- I'm still unable to find any MOS notes regarding EM12c - few notes already appeared at MOS, refer to last update for more information.
- Enterprise Manager Grid Control and Database Control Certification with 11g R2 Database [ID 1266977.1]
- If repository database is less than 188.8.131.52, additional packages has to be applied. Refer at MOS Certification for more information.
- How to Install Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 184.108.40.206 (12c) [ID 1359176.1]
- EM12c: How to install Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c Agent [ID 1360183.1]
- Master Index for Cloud Control Agent Installation, Upgrade and Patching [ID 1363767.1]
- FAQ: Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c Install / Upgrade Frequently Asked Questions [ID 1363863.1]
- Master Index for Cloud Control Oracle Management Service (OMS) and Repository Installation, Upgrade and Patching [ID 1363769.1]